Imagine a fragrant blend of exotic, ancient botanicals that come all the way from Africa and the Middle East, combined with sweet, all-American roses. This rich elixir would leave your hair smelling heavenly...and looking absolutely gorgeous. Thankfully, you don’t have to travel the globe or spend a fortune to get your hands on this special formula—you can easily create it at home with affordable and accessible ingredients.
Jojoba oil treats your tresses to an amazing cocktail of nutrients, including vitamins E and B, selenium, and zinc. This lovely oil deeply conditions both hair and scalp, taming frizz and imparting precious hydration. And, jojoba oil is very similar to the surface lipid film in skin and hair, so it penetrates deeply without leaving a greasy residue.1
Frankincense essential oil complements the jojoba oil as it further nourishes and conditions hair, moisturizing follicles and encouraging a head-turning shine. Finally, rose water contributes its own unique combination of vitamins, flavonoids, tannins, and antioxidants—leaving your hair even softer, healthier, and more manageable.
When choosing botanical oils and other beauty essentials, look for high quality, single-ingredient products like Valentia that are ethically sourced, cruelty-free, and don’t contain any parabens, GMOs, synthetic fragrance, artificial colors, preservatives, or additives of any kind. Spritzing on this luxurious conditioning mist as part of your regular shampooing routine—or just whenever your hair needs a bit of a pick-me-up—will have you loving your hair like you never have before. Your silky locks will look like you just returned from a spa vacation in a far off land, without even having to take a step beyond your own front door!
• 1 4-oz spray bottle (Recycle an empty Valentia Rose Water bottle if you have one on hand!)
• 1-3 teaspoons jojoba oil (Adjust depending on dryness or oiliness of your hair)
• 3 ounces rose water
• 10 drops frankincense essential oil*
1. Fill bottle about halfway to the top with rose water.
2. Carefully add 10 drops of frankincense oil to the rose water.
3. Top with desired amount of jojoba oil.
4. Shake well before each use, since oil and water naturally separate.
5. After shampooing and conditioning, spray mist on wet hair ends and work through with a brush or your fingers before styling.
6. If hair needs an occasional extra boost of moisture and shine, spray a small amount on dry hair ends and brush through to a glossy shine.
*Note: If your scalp is particularly dry or flaky, try substituting tea tree essential oil for all or part of the frankincense oil for deeply cleaned and comfortable follicles.
1.Wertz, P.W. "Human Synthetic Sebum Formulation and Stability under Conditions of Use and Storage." International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 31, no. 1, 2009, pp. 21-25., doi: 10.1111/j.1469-2494.2008.00468.x.