Lush Lashes the Natural Way
It’s said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we agree—lush, long lashes adorn the windows to your soul.
We all want longer, thicker lashes, but the challenge is figuring out the best way to get them without sacrificing our well-being. We’ve decided to take the mystery out of the quest for better lashes by taking a close look at the top three eyelash enhancement methods, and why we feel passionately that enhancing your own lashes with a natural serum is absolutely the way to go.
1. False Eyelashes
Although the type of eyelash strips used today were invented in 1923, women have been framing their eyes with some form of false eyelashes for centuries.1 With countless lash styles available, it’s this method’s versatility, convenience, and affordability that make it such a popular choice. With some practice and a steady hand, false eyelashes are relatively simple to apply and remove, creating dramatic glamor at a moment’s notice, but what do you sacrifice for such convenience?
Here are some downsides:
- False eyelashes require glue, which may contain toxic ingredients or cause serious allergic reactions. The weight of the glue is also heavy on lids and lashes, and may even pull natural lashes out.
- If not properly cleaned after every use, false lashes become a perfect breeding ground for dirt and bacteria that can lead to irritation or infection in the eyes and lids.
- When applied too close to the lash line, false lashes can pull out natural lashes during removal.
- The lashes themselves may be made from unsafe or unethical materials.
2. Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions give mother nature a boost by weaving individual lash strands into your existing lashes for extra length and fullness. These extensions tend to look really natural, and you can choose the length, color, and curve most flattering to your unique eyes. What many women love best about this method is waking with beautiful lashes that don’t require any extra work.
As lovely as they appear, eyelash extensions also have some serious drawbacks. The procedure must be done by a professional at a salon, takes 90 minutes to two hours to complete, and results last only up to three weeks—which means it takes a lot of time and money to maintain this look. Because of this expense, people often leave extensions in longer than they should, which allows bacteria to accumulate and breed. Additionally:
- Extensions can damage natural lashes, making them more brittle.
- The adhesive can cause allergic reactions, itching, and irritation—and may also contain toxic ingredients.
- If you do have a reaction, or want the extensions removed for any reason, this has to be done by a professional, which means scheduling another trip to the salon.
- Extensions should be left alone and kept as dry as possible, making it challenging to wash your face properly, bathe, swim, rub your eyes, or even be outdoors in wet weather.
- Avoiding oil based products or creams with extensions is also recommended, which makes wearing and removing waterproof eye makeup an issue.
- Eyelash extensions have caused corneal infections, lid infections, lid swelling, and both temporary and permanent lash loss.2
3. Natural Lash Serums
If the issues with artificial lashes and extensions have you wishing you could just grow your own naturally luscious lashes, you’re in luck! Premium botanical lash serums like Valentia Lash + Brow Serum are designed to work naturally and in harmony with your body to safely give you your best, fullest lashes ever.
Botanical lash serums work by encouraging natural growth for longer, thicker, healthy lashes—while protecting against breakage and increasing radiant luster. Our lightweight serum is lovingly crafted with only three natural, sustainably sourced, cruelty-free, vegan ingredients:
- Organic castor oil
- Organic argan oil
- Natural sunflower-derived vitamin E
Of the three methods, natural eyelash serum is also the safest and easiest way to love your lashes. After gentle cleansing, just apply a thin line of serum along your upper and lower lashes once a day, avoiding contact with your eyes. That’s it! You can also apply our serum to your brows to keep them full and healthy too. There’s simply no downside.
Opting for a natural botanical lash serum means you’ll wake each morning with a gorgeous full fringe that doesn’t require pricey salon maintenance, saving you time and money to go out and show off your natural beauty. Your precious eyes need never come into contact with questionable adhesives or artificial lashes—and you’ll be able to enjoy an impromptu swim or a romantic kiss in the rain, whenever those magic moments arise.
Save on our Lash Serum and Eye Cream with our Bright Eyes Bundle.
1. Santos, L. J. (2019, August 4). A Brief History of False Eyelashes. Retrieved from https://lucyjanesantos.com/brief-history-false-eyelashes/
2. American Academy of Ophthalmology Warns Consumers about the Dangers of Eyelash Extensions. (2013, May 8). Retrieved from https://www.aao.org/newsroom/news-releases/detail/american-academy-of-ophthalmology-warns-consumers-