Imagine a fragrant blend of exotic, ancient botanicals that come all the way from Africa and the Middle East, combined with sweet, all-American roses. This rich elixir would leave your hair smelling heavenly...and looking absolutely gorgeous. Thankfully, you don’t have to travel the globe or spend a fortune to get your hands on this special formula—you can easily create it at home with affordable and accessible ingredients.
Argan oil treats your tresses to an amazing cocktail of nutrients including squalene, carotenes, sterols, tocopherols, phenolic antioxidants, and vitamin E. This lovely amber oil has been a beauty staple in Morocco for over 800 years—conditioning hair and scalp, taming frizz, and imparting precious hydration.1 It’s even safe for color-treated hair, helping to maintain its healthy vitality during the coloring process.2
Frankincense essential oil complements the argan oil as it further nourishes and conditions hair, moisturizing follicles and encouraging a head-turning shine. Finally, rose water contributes its own unique combination of vitamins, flavonoids, tannins, and antioxidants—leaving your hair even softer, healthier, and more manageable.
When choosing botanical oils and other beauty essentials, look for high quality, single-ingredient products like Valentia that are ethically sourced, cruelty-free, and don’t contain any parabens, GMOs, synthetic fragrance, artificial colors, preservatives, or additives of any kind. Spritzing on this luxurious conditioning mist as part of your regular shampooing routine—or just whenever your hair needs a bit of a pick-me-up—will have you loving your hair like you never have before. Your silky locks will look like you just returned from a spa vacation in a far off land, without even having to take a step beyond your own front door!
• 1 4-oz spray bottle (Recycle an empty Valentia Rose Water bottle if you have one on hand!)
• 1-3 teaspoons argan oil (Adjust depending on dryness or oiliness of your hair)
• 3 ounces rose water
• 10 drops frankincense essential oil*
1. Fill bottle about halfway to the top with rose water.
2. Carefully add 10 drops of frankincense oil to the rose water.
3. Top with desired amount of argan oil.
4. Shake well before each use, since oil and water naturally separate.
5. After shampooing and conditioning, spray mist on wet hair ends and work through with a brush or your fingers before styling.
6. If hair needs an occasional extra boost of moisture and shine, spray a small amount on dry hair ends and brush through to a glossy shine.
*Note: If your scalp is particularly dry or flaky, try substituting tea tree essential oil for all or part of the frankincense oil for deeply cleaned and comfortable follicles.
1.Baumann, L. (2016). Update on argan oil. Retrieved from https://www.mdedge.com/edermatologynews/article/115388/aesthetic-dermatology/update-argan-oil
2. Faria, P. M., Camargo, L. N., Carvalho, R. S., Paludetti, L. A., Velasco, M. V., & Gama, R. M. (2013). Hair Protective Effect of Argan Oil (Argania spinosa Kernel Oil) and Cupuassu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum Seed Butter) Post Treatment with Hair Dye. Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications, 03(03), 40-44. doi:10.4236/jcdsa.2013.33a1006